Sweet and Sour Thai Salad
This sweet and sour dressing is reminiscent of the spicy ginger and fiery wasabi that is served with sushi. It is a bit sweet, a bit sour, and a lot hot. Delicious! If you don’t like the heat, leave out the Sriarcha.
Tonight I used shrimp, but you could use any protein you like, or just enjoy the salad without any protein. It is so fresh and flavorful – an absolutely flavor packed salad! We paired it with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc that had enough punch to hold up to the tangy Thai flavors.
For the Salad
For the Dressing
1. Preheat a bbq grill. Skewer the shrimp, going through the tail and body – this way the shrimp will stay in place when you turn the skewers. Sprinkle the shrimp with some of the Sate seasoning. (If you don’t have the Sate seasoning, just use some salt and pepper.) Grill the shrimp – about 5-7 minutes per side – until cooked through.
2. Mix all of the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Mix to ensure the sugar dissolves.
3. Use a little of the dressing to toss with the mixed greens. Place half of the greens on each of two plates.
4. Arrange the remaining salad ingredients on the plate – I like to group the like ingredients together to make a pretty presentation.
5. Top with the shrimp skewer and sprinkle with the cilantro and peanuts.
6. Drizzle a bit of the dressing across the top of the salad and enjoy!