Southwestern Pork, Corn & Green Chili Lasagna (Gluten Free Option) Serves 6-8
Some other quick tips you could substitute are:
1. Purchase pre-cooked shredded pork carnitas or beef machaca from the grocery store instead of roasting the meat.
2. Use two small cans of roasted green chilies in place of the two roasted poblano peppers.
3. Use 2 cups of frozen corn instead of the charred corn on the cob.
4. Use the no-bake lasagna noodles, but if you do this, make sure you use all of the sauce as the no-bake noodles have a tendency to absorb a lot of liquid as they cook.
1 teaspoon each – oregano, cumin, chipotle chili powder, salt, sugar (Quick Southwest Spice Mix)
2. Rub the Southwest Spice Mix all over the pork roast. Over medium high heat in a shallow roasting pan, heat the olive oil, add the roast and sear on all sides. Add the can of tomatoes and ? cup of water to the pan, cover with a lid or aluminum foil, and place in the oven for 2 hours until the meat is fork tender. Check the meat occasionally and add a bit of water if the pan gets dry. Shred the meat when it is cool enough to handle. Add the cooking liquid and tomatoes from the roast to the green chili enchilada sauce.
3. Increase oven temperature to 350.
4. Roast the peppers under a broiler or on a BBQ grill. The skin will char and blister. Remove the charred skin and seeds, but don’t rinse them under water, that will rinse away some of the flavor. Chop the peppers into 1/2” dice.
5. Prepare the lasagna noodles according to package directions.
6. Combine the ricotta with the cream, chipotle chili powder, salt and pepper.
7. Spread 1/2 cup of the green chili sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch lasagna baking dish.
8. Cover the sauce with a slightly overlapping layer of cooked noodles.
9. Evenly spread 1/2 of the ricotta mixture over the noodles. Then spread 1/2 of the pork, poblano peppers and corn over the noodles. Spread 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce and 1/3 of the shredded pepper jack cheese. Repeat with a second layer.
10. Top with a third layer of noodles and another 1 1/2 cups green chili sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining pepper jack cheese.
11. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until the top is browned and bubbly, about 15 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.