Butternut Squash Salad
For the Sherry Maple Vinaigrette
1. Cover the raisins with the port and allow to sit 1 hour or overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 400. Combine the squash, olive oil and maple syrup in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spread out on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, cooking until browned. 10 minutes into the baking process stir in the sliced onions.
3. To make the dressing, combine the vinegar, mustard, maple syrup and shallots in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Place the greens in a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette and toss. Arrange the greens on 6 plates or one large platter.
5. Top the greens with the squash and onions. Drain the raisins. Sprinkle the raisins, toasted walnuts, crumbled goat cheese and the bacon around the plate. Drizzle with a bit more dressing and serve.